Smart SFP TAP is intended to improve network visibility and monitoring.
For monitoring and troubleshooting goals, Smart SFP TAP supports remote packet capturing according to user-defined filters. Copy of packets by ERSPAN protocol is transferred to PC with Wireshark or to traffic auditing tools for further analysis.
Smart SFP TAP allows to gather detailed traffic statistics by IP flows in NetFlow, sFlow or IPFIX format. It can be used with any flow collector.
As a packet broker Smart SFP TAP can be installed in SPAN port of a switch and perform a traffic filtering function, providing a unique relevant copy of the traffic to different analysis appliances – security, performance monitoring, troubleshooting and etc.
- Network visibility: traffic patterns, top talkers, channel occupancy and other metrics
- Security analysis: DDoS protection, ADS, IDS, DPI
- Monitoring and troubleshooting: VoIP, APM
- Unique copies of traffic for every analysis appliance
- Decreasing network and hardware load due to mirroring only relevant traffic
- Cheaper than standalone device and changing the existing device to the new model
- No free rack space required
- No separate power supply required
- Remote packet capturing (ERSPAN)
- Capturing by filters: VLAN, protocol, IP, TCP/UDP ports, errored packets, direction (Tx/Rx)
- Sampling, policing, duration: secs/bytes/packets
- Packet slicing
- HW timestamping
- Inline or out-of-line usage
- Loaned IP feature support for IP address saving and security reason purposes
- Line rate pass-through packet processing at 1 Gbps
- Remote packet capturing by filters (ERSPAN)
- HW timestamping
- Loaned IP
- Max frame size 9600 bytes
- Single or dual fiber, 1000BASE-X
- Up to 20 km
- Tx and Rx wavelengths: 1310 or 1550 nm
- 10/100/1000BASE-T, RJ-45 copper
- Digital Diagnostics Monitoring (DDM)
- SFP MSA compliant
- Multi-vendor compatibility
- Industrial temperature range
- Power consumption: typical 1.5 W (max. 1.8 W)