Smart SFP OTDR is a Gigabit Ethernet transceiver with built-in OTDR function, IP management and advanced network monitoring and troubleshooting features.
Acting like a conventional SFP transceiver, once detecting optical fiber fault it automatically measures the distance to the fault point and reports it. Due to support of open REST API and traditional SNMP, it can be easily integrated into any monitoring system – NMS, OSS, NIMS, GIS or even SDN.
Smart SFP OTDR is installed in any network equipment vendor for fast break point identification of the optical fiber and for real time L1 optical links monitoring in the mobile backhaul and ISP’s last mile.
Due to IP management Smart SFP OTDR doesn’t require additional integration with network equipment.
- Instant fiber break point identification
- Real time remote fiber monitoring
- Operating over dark fiber and CWDM
- Reduce MTTR by locating fiber optic faults in seconds
- Reduce OpEx by eliminating multiple false technician dispatches
- Eliminate the need for separate low level fiber element monitoring system by integrating in high level management system (OSS, NMS)
- Cheaper than standalone or rack-mounted OTDR unit
- No free rack space required
Advanced network diagnosis features:
- Loopback L2-L4, TWAMP Light
- Transit traffic statistics
- Packet capture (ERSPAN)
- Easy IP SLA software agent integration
- Package installation in Linux: speedtest, tcpdump, iperf, scapy and etc.
- Regular Gigabit Ethernet SFP
- Integrated micro OTDR
- Auto, manual or scheduled switching between SFP and OTDR modes
- Remote IP management
- Historical data local storage
- Single wavelength single fiber operation (SWSF)
- Wavelengths – 1310, 1550, 1270-1610 (CWDM) and 1625 nm
- Single or dual fiber, up to 40 km
- Installation in pairs
- Simple and cheap remote end SFP transceiver
- Resolution from 10 meters
- Line rate packet processing
- REST API, SNMP, SSH (CLI)
- Loaned IP
- Debian 10 (Buster), Linux kernel 5.x
- Standard software installation
- Remote software update
- Max frame size 9600 bytes
- 1000BASE-LX and MSA compliant
- Digital Diagnostics Monitoring (DDM)
- Multi-vendor compatibility
- Compatible with any network equipment
- Industrial temperature range