Smart SFP OTDR Lite is a Gigabit Ethernet and STM-1/4/16 transceiver with built-in OTDR function. Acting like a conventional SFP transceiver, once detecting optical fiber fault it automatically measures the distance to the fault point and reports it.
It is installed in network equipment vendor for fast break point identification of the optical fiber and for real time L1 optical links monitoring in the mobile backhaul and ISP’s last mile.
Smart SFP OTDR Lite fits for testing equipment feature enhancements. I2C bus is used for interaction and integration.
Solution for vendors of networking and measurement equipment – switches, routers, multiplexers, testers.
- Instant fiber break point identification
- Identification the distance to significant intermediate events with the high level of reflected signal – air gap, dirty connector, bad splice and etc.
- Real time remote fiber monitoring – break, connection degradation
- Operating over dark fiber and CWDM
- Reduce MTTR by locating fiber optic faults in seconds
- Reduce OpEx by eliminating multiple false technician dispatches
- Comes with libraries (SDK) for easy integration with devices – switches, routers, testers
- Capability to lock-in with the vendor equipment during the integration
- Cheaper than standalone or rack-mounted OTDR unit
- No free rack space required
- Regular Gigabit Ethernet, STM-1/4/16 SFP
- Integrated micro OTDR
- Auto, manual or scheduled switching between SFP and OTDR modes
- Single wavelength single fiber operation (SWSF)
- Wavelengths – 1310, 1550, 1270-1610 (CWDM) and 1625 nm
- Distance measurements up to 40 km when used as regular SFP and up to 60 km when used as a tester feature enhancement
- Single or dual fiber
- Resolution from 10 meters
- I2C management
- Digital Diagnostics Monitoring (DDM)
- Multi-vendor compatibility
- Compatible with any network equipment
- Industrial temperature range
- Edge-Core AS58xx, AS55xx, AS46xx switches
- Argus testers