Smart SFP Loopback is a device in SFP form factor for loopback traffic at Data Link, Network and Transport layers of the OSI model.
Incoming traffic is looped back with swapping of MAC and IP addresses and TCP/UPD ports if needed.
Smart SFP is installed in any network device with an SFP slot and acts simultaneously as a standard SFP module and smart loopback.
Smart SFP Loopback can be used as a remote loopback with Ethernet test and measurement equipment of any vendors.
- Applicable for network analyzing with help of Y.1564, RFC 2544, BERT
- Inline or out-of-line usage
- Measurements without impact on users traffic
- Easy installation and maintenance
- No free rack space required
- Ready for testing at every moment
- Smart loopback L2-L4 up to 1 Gbps
- Loopback by filters for L2-L4 packets
- TWAMP Light
- Line rate pass-through packet processing at 1 Gbps
- Test traffic statistics
- Loaned IP
- Remote loopback activation through OAM
- SSH (CLI), RESP API, SNMP
- Remote software update
- VLAN and MPLS labels support
- Max frame size 9600 bytes
- Tx and Rx wavelengths: 1310 or 1550 nm
- Single or dual fiber, 1000BASE-X
- SFP MSA compliant
- Digital Diagnostics Monitoring (DDM)
- 10/100/1000BASE-T, RJ-45 copper
- Multi-vendor compatibility